Monday 11 August 2008

Synergy Sledge Sailing Sponsorship?

The following article has been ammeded from its original form.

In a Bloomberg article, Roberto Coladangelo, an Account Director at Synergy Sponsorship was quoted as saying: `You might as well stand in a shower and tear up 50-pound notes,”

In response, Coladangelo has said

I would like to make it clear that the journalist involved misquoted me and despite since amending the copy, it still does not truly reflect my point of view.

What I actually said in the interview was whilst the mass market has the perception that sailing is an elitist and expensive sport, there are strong opportunities within sailing for sponsors and the sport can actually be very open and accessible.

2 comments:

David Fuller said...

On the 12th August - the article was ammeded to: The trouble is that people consider sailing to be expensive, Coladangelo said. "They think you might as well stand in a shower and tear up 50-pound notes," he said. At the same time, "Cowes Week is a great opportunity" for advertising, he said.

Interesting.

Roberto C said...

In response to David's blog regarding my quote on Bloomberg, I would like to make it clear that the journalist involved misquoted me and despite since amending the copy, it still does not truly reflect my point of view.

What I actually said in the interview was whilst the mass market has the perception that sailing is an elitist and expensive sport, there are strong opportunities within sailing for sponsors and the sport can actually be very open and accessible.

The journalist has since apologised for the misquote.

Roberto C